We’re passionate about building great software.
A Discovery is a Global Kinetic client engagement offering that includes a set of collaborative activities run with cross-disciplinary teams, to make sure enough information is shared, to start delivery with the best possible chance of success.
Discovery may involve verification of a concept and/or putting the building blocks in place to allow a delivery team to start sprinting. This preparation can be for your own delivery teams or for our Delivery Engagement that we offer.
- Validating and aligning on expected outcomes
- Clarifying Scope
- Identifying Dependencies
- Exploring Technical Feasibility
- Define ways of working
Who needs Discovery?
- Start-up: You have an idea for a software product and are seeking guidance and costings to build your product
- Head of Product: You have a business case that requires a proof of concept or prototype to demonstrate viability
- IT Manager: You have issues in your systems landscape and need a clear view of how to move forward
- Digital Lead: You are looking to modernize your systems & business processes, and need help in going digital
- Development Manager: You are looking for additional expertise outside of your development team
- C.I.O.: You are looking to perform a strategic expansion and/or overhauling your systems architecture
Let’s confirm what you want to build:
- Want to show someone the concept is worth funding?
- Have a technical problem that needs solving?
- Prototype/PoC/Single Feature MVP
- Just enough analysis to prove the domain or flow
- Provide assessment and estimate to support discovery conclusions
Discovery for Delivery:
Let’s get to the detail of how to build your solution:
- Enterprise/Solution Architecture & Integration
- High level product domain understanding
- High fidelity designs
- Scoping for MVP and beyond
- Detailed solution proposal and/or implementation document and cost estimate
Duration: 1-3 months
Team: 3-6 people